Tuesday 4 November 2014

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara


I have a confession. I am guilty of being a mascara snob. I know that many people say that there are great mascaras at the drugstore, but long, thick lashes are my favourite part of a makeup look and I've always had such great results from the high end products that I use. Some of my favourites are Benefit Bad Gal Lash, Lancome Hypnose Drama, Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash, and Diorshow Maximizer. However, I have to admit that I have become a fan of this Maybelline mascara!

This mascara is more of a wet consistency than I usually am used to, and because of that I find I have to be careful so that it doesn't end up clumpy, but in the end it produces a great result! My lashes are fuller, and lengthened, and it doesn't smudge on me.I like that the brush is thick and has a lot of bristles, so i do think that it produces some great volume. One of the major perks is that sometimes you can find this gem at the drugstore for less than 5 dollars!

I won't say that this mascara has completely swayed me from my higher end favourites. I just got a bunch of new sample size products from Sephora  that I can't wait to dig in to. But it is a great alternative to an expensive mascara, and is a lot easier to get for me because I live in a small town. Definitely a winner in my books!

2 comments:

  1. Eck! This mascara is one of my least favorites. :/ There was a lot hype around it, and I was really horrified by the outcome. My lower and upper lashes ended up stuck together and I never put mascara on my bottom lashes. ._. I'm glad it's worked better for you, though! ^.^ Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Mascara is always so hit or miss! Do you have a drugstore favourite?

      Delete